Monday, November 24, 2014

Friday Night in the Emergency Room

Right in the middle of the store where everyone could see

We had big plans for our Friday night to start our weekend. We would do just a simple dinner and get the girls in bed by 6:20pm! Clean up and be in bed by 8pm ourselves.

As we rushed through the store to get everything we needed for the weekend our oldest, (Zowi) who was in the basket for convience stood up and I moved the cart. She lost her balance just for a second toppled straight back and landed on the tiled floor in the middle of the store where everyone could see.

From my first aid classes I know if a child falls from such a height many things need to be checked. Also I know we aren't supposed to move them.

She stood up and began to cry so I decided maybe it isn't as bad as it feels in my stomic. So we rushed everything home and thought - it will simmer down kids rebound quick.

Well as soon as we were home she was complaining she was tired. - okay we thought Lets go.

Luckily I had already fed Maya her dinner before we left and Zowi wasn't in the mood for eatting. We rushed to the emergency room and were helped rather quickly.

Along the way I kept her awake and she did throw-up. She continued to throw-up even after the doctor gave her a look over and she fell asleep.

At this point my cool calmness was wearing away and I was starting to panik. I think the doctor noticed this and began to panic herself because within 15 minutes she was put into a CTSCAN. As I sat in the hall waiting for her to be done I couldn't help but think how quickly things took a turn for our weekend and what this would mean for the future health as well as choice making.

The scan was clean and we were set home. She did continue to throw-up but at least she was able to fall asleep and our worry was away.

The next day it was like nothing ever happend.

We did give her pain reliever and didn't push food but offered plenty and she just bounced her way around the weekend as usual.

Children are amazingly strong creatures and they can surely take us for a ride.

Needless to say she will no longer be in the basket of a cart. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment